Northern Voice – Education Session
Hmmm.. just noticed that I had typed this up during the session yesterday, but never got around to posting it. Anyhoo, here’s my notes:
- I don’t have to take notes. Just go here to see all the cool stuff.
- Wondering what the infinity symbol throughout represents. Brian, can you shed some light on that?
- Some good points about using WebCT (and other closed course management sites) – students can’t preview a course to see if they want to take it; students can’t go back to the material (in a course that they paid a lot of money to take) after the course is over; students don’t even have access to their own work in the WebCT site after the course is over.
Next dude’sJim Groom‘s 1 section:
- have all the students writing their own blog, then make one blog that is an aggregate of the feeds of all the students. That way each student can blog wherever they like. Very cool idea.
- Talking about how easy it is to use WordPress to make a site for students to publish in (rather than just a reverse-chronological-diary type blog): “This is something even a professor can do.” It’s funny ‘cuz it’s true.
Didn’t catch his name. I suck.Thanks, Brian, for filling me in on the names!