Random facts about my new job:
- It took me & Zaphod about 40 minutes to drive to my new office this morning and about 50 minutes to drive home.
- There are 31 people in my office, 30 of whom are female.
- I was introduced to pretty much everyone who was at the office today. I think I can put four names to faces. Which for me is actually pretty good.
- Everyone at the office was very friendly and welcoming (as evidenced by the above photo).
- Tomorrow there will only be four of us in the office, as everyone else is going to be at a big meeting off-site.
- It was one women’s last day working at this office, so she brought in some really delicious cinnamon buns. My new officemate informed me that although they claimed these were because of a special occasion, pretty much every day someone brings in cake/cookies/sweets of some kind or another. I may need to up my running to account for this1.
1And by “up” I mean “resume.”