Quick Assortment of Random Stuff, bulleted list style.
In case you were wondering, I did not, in fact, die before, during or after the 12 Bars of Christmas. I’ve just been too busy1 since then to blog it2. Or anything else. And really I’m too busy to blog this, but I’m doing it anyway. And you know what too busy to blog means, right? A bulleted list!
- I work all day and mark all night. I’m in the home stretch of marking for the course I taught this term and have marked one of my two Directed Studies students’ papers.
- I called my hair dresser to make an appointment for a cut and to fix my atrocious roots and was told that she retired! She’s only 24 years old, so she’s actually just retired from hair dressing; the last time I saw her, she’d started a new job as a medical assistant of some sort3, but she was still doing hair one day a week. So I knew this was coming, but I’m still bummed out by it. She was really good. I’m going to give one of the other stylists at the same salon a try – keep your fingers crossed for me.
- I don’t think I blogged about this, but my grampa had a small stroke. He’s OK – he’s back at home and feeling a lot better. The doctor said that this was just a “little stroke. A warning.” And since bad things happen in threes4, my great Uncle Iky5 passed away and my Uncle George6 is in hospital with a blood clot in his lung. But that’s three, so no more bad things are allowed to happen.
- The other day I mentioned the second reason why my Dad is the Brett Favre of the brake parts industry, noting that Brett Favre has “perfect attendance” since 1992 and my dad’s perfect attendance record at work stretches back at least as long as that. So I was talking to him on the phone today7 and asked him when the last time he missed work. As it turns out, it was a wee bit before 1992. Like seven years before. The last day my dad missed some work when he took off half a day to go to his friend’s funeral. That was 24 years ago. As in 1985. As in when I was 8 years old.
OK, a few papers marked this evening – check! Dishes done, last load of laundry in the dryer, and dinner made and eaten – check! Half-assed blog posting written – check! Now I’m going to bake some cookies and listen to the 3rd period of the Canucks game!
- seriously. I have three laundry buckets overflowing with clean laundry as I haven’t had time to fold laundry the last three times I’ve done laundry. And I’ve only done the laundry because I’ve made time, as it’s not socially acceptable to go to work without clothes on [↩]
- at my current rate, I’ll get around to blogging 12 Bars in time for 12 Bars 2012 [↩]
- like a phlebotomist or something [↩]
- or so they say [↩]
- my late Granny‘s brother [↩]
- my mom’s brother-in-law [↩]
- my Dad, not Brett Favre [↩]