Hockey Pool, Week 1

So the hockey pool has started! And since “week 1” only constituted two days1, Cath decided that she’d start doing the weekly updates next week. Well, bollocks to that I say! I’m doing well and need to brag, because you never know how long you’ll be on top! I could be in last place by the time next Saturday rolls around! And with that, I give you this shiny line graph of the hockey pool’s standings as of the end of Week 1:

VWXY Hockey Pool - Week 1
Also, I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that, as of this writing, I am currently #1 in the pool, with a cool 26 points after last night’s games. Take that, everyone!

1. Thursday and Friday, since the CBC hockey pool that we are using starts it’s “weeks” on Saturdays. []

10 Responses to Hockey Pool, Week 1

1. Apparently I suck!

Thanks for hosting and for starting the Google Docs spreadsheet!

2. stupid early games, stupid saturday deadlines.

3. modscientist says:

back up goalies will be my downfall.

4. Lavaland says:

Under performing superstars will be my downfall.

5. saturday deadlines will be my downfall.

6. Lavaland says:

You can make picks any day of the week 😉

7. modscientist says:

Sci Mother, your downfall can’t be one of the rules! That makes you a hockey pool anarchist.

• Beth says:

I will have no downfalls! Long live Beth’s Team of Hockey Hotties!

If I do have a downfall – which I won’t – but if I do, I will be the supreme ugliness of the Sedins, which forever prohibits me from picking them in a hockey pool.

8. modscientist says:

Sedin hater alert!

I get Carey Price, Pekka Rinne, and most of your other picks but how the hell did Jonathan Toews make your squad? And Martin St Louis? Barf bag! But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder… Danny is the first ginger I’ve crushed on, but only if he keeps his helmet on.

• Beth says:

I love the Sedins as players, but they are fugly, fugly men.

As for Toews, I feel dirty liking a Chicago Blackhawks player, but he’s ao damn hot!