Podcasts I’m Listening To These Days
- Caustic Soda – As they describe it, this is “a weekly podcast about the science, history, and pop culture of the weird, gross and disturbing hosted by Toren Atkinson, Kevin Leeson, and Joe Fulgham. It’s hard science by soft people! If you like weird, gross, disturbing things, this is a must listen to show. The hosts are hilarious and know a tonne, so it’s a great combo of learning interesting things and being entertained. I recently finished listening to all of the current season so far and have now downloaded all the previous seasons and started listening to Season 1 and I think this might be the first podcast I’ve listened to that was great right from episode 1!
- Savage Lovecast – Dan Savage’s relationship and sex advice podcast. Though I don’t agree with Dan on some things, overall I think his advice is pretty wise and one thing that I really like is that when someone asks for advice on a topic that is outside of his expertise (e.g., a medical question), he brings in a guest expert on that topic.
- Dazed and Convicted: Craigslost – This is my friend Monica’s dark comedy podcast. D&C is an evolution from Monica’s previous podcast, the S&M Rants, which you may recall from the amazing guest judge they had on episode back in 2011. This iteration of the podcast features Monica reading the crazy stuff she finds on the Internet, primarily, but not exclusively, from Craig’s List. It’s hilarious and every time I see a new episode in my podfeed, I get unnaturally excited.
- The Skeptics Guide to the Universe – A weekly podcast produced by the New England Skeptics Society. I quite like the blog NeuroLogica, which is written by one of the hosts of the SCU1, though SCU focuses on science more broadly than NL, which is focused more on medical sciences. SGU is the place where I learn more about things like physics, which I don’t really tend to read as much about as I do the biosciences.
- Planet Money – Their tagline says it all: “The Economy Explained”. A great way to be entertained and educated (which apparently is a theme for me!)
- Reasonable Doubts – This podcast hasn’t had an episode in a really long time, but I’m hoping they will start up again because I love their show!
Anybody have any great podcasts that they listen to that they want to recommend?
- And which I’m just now realizing that I forgot to put on my blog posting about the blogs I’ve been reading lately! [↩]