Time to check in on how I did on my goals this year (spoiler alert: pretty bad!)
- Learn 12 new things (1 per month). I learned the following 12 things:
- Folding a Fitted Sheet
- Strength training
- Growing Balcony Potatoes
- Car Part
- Short cuts
- Make-up expiry
- Brain rules
- Establish a weight training program and actually do regular weight training, where “regular” = at least 2x per week for at least 3 out of 4 weeks per month. I totes kicked ass at this one – since joining Strong Side in March, I went to the gym 3x a week (with the exception of a two week period at the end of Oct/start of Nov when I was away and put my membership on hold).
- Get gum graft surgery done. Done!
- Make 17 new foods and/or drinks that I’ve never made before. Surpassed this goal!
- Vague goal: Finish the letter of intent for mystery thing #2. The thing didn’t end up panning out, but I did finish the LOI.
- KonMari my condo. I did most of the “clothing” category and then nothing else. I’m rolling this goal over to 2018.
- Travel somewhere awesome. I did go to Washington, DC, which was cool, but I only got one day of sightseeing in and don’t think that qualifies as “awesome”.
- Submit 5 papers for publication. I submitted one! And I have another that I just need to cut 100 words out of and then I can submit it (so that will be my first submission for 2018).
- Vague goal: Finish the plan for mystery thing #1. Didn’t finish it, but did make some progress! Will be continuing to work on this in 2018.
- Do yoga at least 2x per week (either at home or in a class). I don’t think I did a single yoga session all year.
- Get back to journalling regularly (where “regularly” = once a week). Nope.
- Get a Nexus card. Been meaning to do that for a while.
- Send an actual physical birthday card on time to all my family members and close friends. Nope.
- Bring my lunch to work 80% of the time. I was tracking this in a Google spreadsheet and have the data from up to mid-way through Oct, when I was at a meagre 56%. But then there was some epic fail on the spreadsheet where it wasn’t saving my entries after that and I lost a couple of months worth of data and I have no idea which days I did or didn’t bring my lunch during that time. I’m guessing that I didn’t bring it above
- Complete the 100 push up challenge. Didn’t bother with this because I’m doing my strength training programs at the gym.
- Read 17 books. Four out of seventeen is so bad that I can’t even call this one “partially completed”. Just an epic fail!
- Write 117 blog postings! When I hit “publish” on this posting, I’ll have published 92 blog postings this year – 97 if you count the 5 I wrote on my “professional” blog. And since I don’t have it in my to write 20 blog postings this evening, I’m accepting this as a fail and a reminder to be more diligent with blogging next year!
And that’s going to be it for my 2017 blogging. Have a great NYE everyone and see you next year!