I was sure that I started writing this blog posting last week and I totally remember embedding the videos and everything. Yet just now when I came to finish and post it – it was completely gone from my Drafts. Weird!
Anyway, I’ve been meaning to blog about the music I’ve been listening to lately. Maybe it’s because I’ve been doing a lot of driving lately or maybe it’s because I’ve resumed my half marathon training – two situations in which I need my music – but I feel like the iPod of my iPhone has been getting a lot of use lately!
My running playlist has a lot of dance music on it – I’ve added a lot of Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, Cascada, Rihanna, and Ke$ha to my running playlist, which already contained a fair bit of Groove Coverage, Dresdan Dolls, and Madonna.
But I’ve also realized that three of my fav artists right now are female Canadian singers.
First up, Stef Lang from Vancouver1. Her songs Mr. Immature…
….and Slave2Love were both on the radio…
… and I really liked them so I bought her album and it turns out that I also really like her song Closet Freak2:
Second, Fefe Dobson from Scarborough, ON. Her songs Ghost…
…. and Stuttering3…
…had been on the radio, and since I liked them, I bought a couple of her albums. I particularly like The Initiator4:
And third, I’ve listened to a lot of Metric at a friend’s place recently:
And, coincidentally, here’s my cousin Samantha5 covering Metric’s Gimme Sympathy:
You should totally go to this site and “like” her video!
- Originally from Ladysmith on Vancouver Island [↩]
- This probably comes as no surprise to some and as much surprise to others. Such is the nature of my closeted freakiness. [↩]
- Embarrassingly, Stuttering brought me to tears one day in my kitchen. I wasn’t having a particularly good day and it just hit me in a sore spot that I didn’t think I still had. [↩]
- Which I’m sure will come as a surprise to no one who has ever met me. [↩]
- Technically she’s my cousin-once-removed, as she’s my cousin Sheila’s daughter. Sheila and her daughters are all very talented singers/musicians. Because they clearly received all the musical talent genes in my family, as anyone who has ever been to karaoke or played Rock Band with me can attest. [↩]