So remember that time I told you about how all the houseguests were on their way to my place? Not only did that trip whizz by in the blink of an eye, but it’s been a week since they left and I’m only just now blogging about it!
In no particular order, our adventures included1:
- went to Bowen Island 2, where we had some amazingly delicious food at the Old Orchard Grill3
- delicious dinner at Forage– I’ve been there a couple of times before, but omg, is their food ever fantastic. And their wait staff is amazing!
- delicious breakfast at Angelina’s
- went to my hockey game – well, my mom did. My sister was busy at her conference that day.
- went to Daniel’s hockey game
- went to Granville Island, where we did some shopping4 and enjoyed some Lee’s Donuts 5 and some drinks at Liberty Distillery. I also bought myself an herb garden to put on my balcony 6 – it contains parsley, sage, chives, marjoram, and peppermint and it only cost $13!
- my sister and Dan got to meet my kitties! My mom had already met them on her last trip, but was happy to see her grandkitties again!
Pursuing my phone, I realized that I was a delinquent in taking photos, so I have no proof that anyone actually visited me. But I did take this photo of me stopped in front of a “no stopping anytime” sign on Bowen Island, in my ongoing project to chronicle people disobeying signs.
So there’s that.
- “Making a delicious meal on my BBQ” didn’t end up happening and “trying my delicious home-brewed beer” happened for Dr. Dan, but not my sister (my mom and Dan’s student don’t drink beer, so I wasn’t expecting them to). [↩]
- which just so happens to be on my list of 101 things to do [↩]
- Best. French fries. EVER! [↩]
- I bought a new dress and got FOUR compliments on it the first day that I wore it! [↩]
- Dan and his student agreed with me that Lee’s Donuts kick the butt of Cartem’s Donuts! [↩]
- which just so happens to be on my list of 101 things to do. [↩]