I’ve been looking for something to hang on one of my living room walls for a while, but I hadn’t been able to find something I liked that was big enough to put on this big empty wall, with the exception of a $2200 piece that I saw at Granville Island, but I just couldn’t justify that much money on a thing to look at1. The other day, however, I was browsing at my favourite consignment store, Champagne Taste2, and I came across this:
It’s paint on canvas and it’s just big enough to justify going on my big empty living room wall.
Then this other piece – a print on canvas – caught my eye, mostly because I thought it would look good above my awesome purple chair:
Right now it’s by my Christmas tree, but in January when the tree comes down, it will be directly above the chair. Unlike the silver one, where I have no idea who the artist was, this purple one came with the artist’s name – John Seba – and the artwork’s name – Pink Magnolias I – so I was able to Google it and find out what the original owner would have paid for this: $166.99. What I paid for it: $183 Since I have no idea where the silver one came from4, I have no idea what it’s value is, but I paid $255 for it, and I think that’s a pretty good deal.
- Clearly, I am not a sophisticated art connoisseur. [↩]
- I.e., the place I got my awesome purple chair. Also, I have no affiliation with these guys – just love the stuff they sell! [↩]
- Champagne Taste was having a tax-free sale, plus it had been marked down 40%. [↩]
- It has the initials “RMA” on it, along with what kind of looks like a single triangle with a circle above it before the initials, but I can’t figure out who that is! [↩]
- Also marked down 40% and tax-free [↩]