Yesterday I hit my 800th Tweet. In commemoration of this momentous occasion, and because I am putting all my mad writing skillz into writing this big ole report from my recent work in Yellowknife and thus have none left for blogging so I decided to steal my previous writing from Twitterland, and besides, everyone loves a list, don’t they?, I give you a list of my favourite Tweets:
- Nutrition pop quiz: What would be worse for me to get for a lunch: a Tim Horton’s cheese scone or a Häagen Daaz ice cream bar?
- Had a meeting this morning, followed by a post-meeting debrief meeting. Now, to change things up a bit, I’m going to go run a meeting.
- Rest in peace, green pen I was using to mark exams. You will be missed.
- Just knocked half a cup of coffee onto the floor, on top of a pile of papers. Awesome.
- Summarizing a 500 page Senate report. You know you are jealous.
- Parts of me that hurt: groin injury, neck, left triceps.
- My amount-of-work-to-do to motivation-to-do-work ratio is waaay out of whack.
- Flickr search for photos to use in my nutrition lecture reveals a surprising number of cats are named “Scurvy”
- Best line from the meeting I was at tonight: If there’s one thing that this group needs to do, it’s… something.
- @touchyoulast When is the movie marathon? What movies are you watching? Crimetime? Crimetime? Have you thought about watching Crimetime?
- Not enough hours in the day. And my thigh highs are being less than cooperative.
- I dropped my earring in my coffee this morning. And my very first thought was “I need to Twitter this.”
- The Canucks *finally* listened to my advice to use a Sedin in the shootout. And by “advice,” I mean “yelling at the radio.”
- Drowning Canuck-related sorrows with chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Feeling pressure to Twitter something now that I’ve joined. I have Twitter block!
In an attempt to prove that I’m only partially, and not completed, ego-centric, here are the three Tweets written by other people that I’ve favourited:
- touchyoulast Currently taking care of business. Every day, every way, it’s all mine, and working overtime. Also: work out.
- todmaffin BREAKING: Parliament recommends funding increase for CBC. In related news, pigs have been reported flying and a cold snap in hell begins.
- audihertz Aww… Adam Foote hurt his arme
Also, I just wanted to show y’all that I have 69 followers. Tee hee… 69.
The pictures don’t really do it justice, but here is *the* skirt:
The tale of this skirt is one of intrigue and mystery. OK, not really, but it is a tale of social networking, nerdy geeky goodness. And it goes like this:
My freakin cool and totally hot friend Jen sends an email to a bunch of her friends saying she has some clothes she wants to sell –> I buy a skirt –> I Twitter about wearing my new skirt –>@jenmae Twitters:are there pics of this new skirt you can share with us? –> I reply-Twitter: “I will take a picture and it will be blogged!”
Then I start getting Twitter-compliments on my skirt from people who haven’t even seen my skirt!
–> I post pictures of the skirt to Flickr –> blog the skirt [i.e., this posting] –> this blog posting will automatically imported into Facebook & a Tweet will go out about it –> there will (hopefully) be comments about my skirt here, and possibly in Facebook.
Probably far more attention than a skirt should get, really.
And before you ask, yes, I am wearing thigh highs in that picture.
One year and one week and one day ago, I was unemployed and seriously wondering how I was going to continue to pay my rent, buy groceries, and basically, well, live. I was filling out the necessary paperwork to postponing the onset of my massive student loan payments on the basis of abject poverty. I was pouring over job posting after job posting, all of which I was either way over- or way underqualified for. Then, one year and one week ago, I had a meeting. Then, one year and three days ago, I was offered a job. A job with a description that was pretty much written for me. At a cool place, doing very cool work. A job with a paycheque. And benefits. And pretty business cards. And a swanky office with a view of the mountains. A big girl job.
Happy workiversary to me.
When I got home today, my landlord informed me that the furnace had broken down today and so he’d had to call a furnace repair person to come and fix it. Since I live in the basement, the furnace lives in my kitchen and that meant that they had to enter my apartment to fix it. The thing is, I did laundry yesterday. And when I do laundry, I hang up my delicate clothing to dry. I hang them, for the most part, in my kitchen – on my kitchen chairs. So my kitchen was covered in thigh highs and panties. The repair person was gone before I got home, thank FSM.