I’m actually amazed I made it this long before hitting the hard core holiday party season. I mean, it’s Dec 10th already and I’ve only had one holiday event! So, for the record, because I know you are all dying to hear about my plans, my holiday parties this year consist of:
- dinner with a bunch of my trainees after our seminar this past Monday
- drinks with a bunch of my friends from school (current and former students in my PhD program) tomorrow night1
- my friend Erika’s annual 12 Bars of Christmas on Saturday. This will be my third year attending this illustrious event. Due to last year’s severe overcrowding, the guest list has been scaled back to only those people who attended the year before. Also new this year: everyone participating has to make a donation to the most appropriate charity: the Canadian Liver Foundation.
- holiday party of my old lab group on Sunday. Despite the fact that it has been over two years since I worked in that lab and the fact that I didn’t officially work in that lab2, I still get invited to the parties. Which is super nice, because they are a lot of fun.
- office lunch at Sandbar on Granville Island on Monday
- lunch with the Dean of one of the Faculties that I teach in on Wednesday
- Blogger Meetup at Ceili’s on Wednesday as well
Man, just looking at that list makes me tired. Thankfully, I’ll have lots of time to recuperate over Christmas while lying on the beach in Los Cabos for an entire week. You know you are jealous.
1Depending on how late that goes, I may also try to swing by the Best of 604 par-tay afterwards
2My lab, which only consisted of three people, just kinda hung around their lab and used their stuff.