As I’ve been talking about the end of my MBA program being nigh, I find myself constantly defending my claim that “I’m not going to do anymore school! I swear!” My friends and colleagues are skeptical of this claim1. And, really, who can blame them? I’ve said it before and it wasn’t true. I’m like the schoolgirl who cried wolf. But I really, really mean it this time!
However, I do have to admit that I am kind of addicted to learning – I am insatiably curious and I want to KNOW ALL THE THINGS! But I think it’s time to turn to the less academic-y things that I want to learn. Like, for example:
Other things I plan to focus my attention on in post-MBA land include:
- travel to all the places ever4!!
- training properly for the Hollywood Half Marathon so that I can break the elusive 2 hour mark
- writing more5
- reading for fun more (I’ve already joined a book club!)
- cooking proper meals6
And speaking of sleep, I’m heading there now. Because I have a full day of running, studying, hockeying, and more studying ahead of me tomorrow. The end is nigh… but I’m not quite there yet.
- I’ve had basically the same conversation with, no exaggeration, at least a dozen people in the last week or so. It goes like this:
Me: I’m so excited that my class next Monday is the last class I will ever have to go to!
Other Person: Right. Until you do your next degree.
Me: I’m never going to do another degree!
Other Person: < laughs uncontrollably > [↩]
- My shot is the lamest hockey shot to ever be shot. [↩]
- OK, maybe this one is a bit academic-y. But it’s cool. All the cool kids code. [↩]
- Some destinations of interest – off the top of my head and in no particular order – include: NYC, Paris, Italy, Iceland, Australia, Peru, Japan, and Newfoundland & Labrador and Nova Scotia (to complete the set of all the Canadian provinces), Northwest Territories and Nunavut (to complete the whole country). And I already have plans for Hollywood and San Fran in the spring! W00t! [↩]
- Here on the blog, but also in my journal. Oh journalling, how I’ve missed you! [↩]
- I’ve been eating way too much prepared stuff for the past two years and I really miss whipping up my dinners from scratch! [↩]
- Glorious, glorious sleep. How I have missed you! [↩]