I’ve been hemming and hawing about what to do about my goals for 2017. I typically do a lot of the same things – earn a certain number of race medals, knock a certain number of items off my 101 list, and perennial favourite goal that I never manage to achieve (run a sub 2-hr half marathon), but given my abysmal performance on my 2016 goals, I’m wondering if I should shake things up? I do have my three things that I’m not prepared to blog about just yet (two of which lend themselves to goals) brewing, but since, as you may remember from earlier in this sentence, I’m not prepared to blog about them, I can’t really set them as publicly stated goals on my blog, now can I? #VagueBlogging. Wait. Unless I write #VagueBlog goals (and then I’ll have to write myself a private note somewhere else as to what those actually mean!). Of course, this plan means that I’ll officially be the most annoying person ever for the 7 people who actually read my blog1. So perhaps I’ll write some specific ones and some vague ones and I can either fill those vague ones in once I’m prepared to blog about such things, should I become prepared to blog about such things at some later point in time.
OK, here goes:
- Learn 12 new things (1 per month). They can be small things, but just something I didn’t used to know!
- KonMari my condo. Just started reading Marie Kondo’s book on organizing and I think it’s worth giving it a try.
- Do yoga at least 2x per week (either at home or in a class). I think I’ve done enough stretches to rehab my injured hip and it’s time to work on building up my strength and flexibility.
- Establish a weight training program and actually do regular weight training, where “regular” = at least 2x per week for at least 3 out of 4 weeks per month. Building up my strength should also be helpful to prevent re-injury (not to mention improving my running (when I get back into it) and hockey!)
- Get back to journalling regularly (where “regularly” = once a week).
- Travel somewhere awesome. Haven’t made any vacation plans yet this year. Need to get on that!
- Get gum graft surgery done. I’ve been putting it off – I should just bite the bullet it and do it already!
- Get a Nexus card. Been meaning to do that for a while.
- Send an actual physical birthday card on time to all my family members and close friends. Step 1 will be to make a list of when everyone’s birthday is!
- Bring my lunch to work 80% of the time.
- Complete the 100 push up challenge. See above re: getting stronger!
- Submit 5 papers for publication. I have one that is almost ready to go and another one that I’ve done a lot of the research for (plus I have someone who said they are willing to read it and provide suggestions for me), so then I just need to come up with 3 more!
- Read 17 books.
- Make 17 new foods and/or drinks that I’ve never made before.
- Write 117 blog postings!
- Finish the plan for mystery thing #1.
- Finish the letter of intent for mystery thing #2.
- If you are one of those people and actually want to know what the hell I’m talking bout, feel free to email me 🙂 [↩]