I’m back dating this posting to yesterday because I had it mostly written but didn’t quite get around to finishing it before I had to leave for a New Year’s Eve party last night.
When I last wrote about the new foods I made this year as part of my goal to make 18 food items or beverages that I have never made before, I’d only made 5 foods. Of course, that was back in February, and I’ve made a lot of things since then. Thirteen things, so be specific.
- a saison beer
- olive tapenade
- beer battered fish tacos
- salmon cakes
- balsamic vinaigrette
- peach-bourbon jam – made this from peaches I got in the Okanagan. And it was a huge hit with those who I shared it with1
- mint juleps – made these for my friend Kim and her boyfriend when they came over for dinner with mint from my balcony garden
- pickling spice – made this so I could make spicy pickled carrots
- spicy pickled carrots
- cream of asparagus soup – made this with my sister’s Vitamix for my aunt who came over for lunch when I was at my sister’s place over Christmas
- Godfather – a delicious beverages that is made from whiskey & amaretto
- sugar pie – made this for Christmas dinner
- Irish soda bread – got this recipe from a friend of mine who tweeted their grandmother’s recipe. It is so simple to make and very delicious!
So there you have it – the remaining 13 new things I made this year to complete my goal of making 18 new foods and/or beverages this year.
And I’m already looking forward to making even more new things in 2019. The list of ideas so far include: sourdough bread, plus sauce, ginger beer, pickled asparagus, and, inspired from our trip to Scotland: Scottish tablet and Cullen skink.