Things That Bite
I’ve always thought that sharks were super cool. Today I saw a news story that made me like them even more.
Sharks. Snakes. Vampires. Zombies.
But interestingly, not spiders. Especially not the black widows that live in my shed. Ick. I saw one the other day, sitting above the door to the shed when I went to put Danielle’s bike, which I had borrowed, back in the shed. Needless to say, I have a little meltdown and Dani put the bike away for me.
And now, for no particular reason – an alphabetized list.
Movies I Like That Feature Things That Bite:
- 28 Days Later – fast zombies are scary
- 28 Weeks Later – fast zombies are *still* scary
- Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid – best line in this movie: “”I love science, but I love money even more!”
- Anatomy of a Shark Bite – graphic. Very graphic.
- Dawn of the Dead
- Deep Blue Sea – I love the part where they suck a liquid from the shark’s brain, put this “protein” in a dish with some cells and the cells go all crazy (at least, that’s vaguely how I remember the scene)… the biochemist in me went batshit crazy when I saw that! Um, protein purification procedures, anyone??
- Interview with the Vampire
- The Lost Boys – back when this came out, I was all about the Corey Haim. Now when I watch it, it’s Jason Patric all the way!
- Night of the Living Bread – too funny!
- Night of the Living Dead – a classic
- Nightwatch – Daywatch is coming soon to a theatre near you. So excited!
- The Omega Man
- Open Water
- The Serpent and the Rainbow – I remember seeing this a long, long time ago and really liking it. Of course, I have the world’s worst memory, so I don’t recall much of what happened. I should really watch it again!
- Shark Attack 3: Megalodon – the best line EVER in a movie is in this film.
- Shaun of the Dead
- Snakes on a Plane – this movie gave you exactly what it promised. There were snakes. They were on a plane. Great marketing too.
- Underworld: Evolution
- Zombie ’90: Extreme Pestilence – a lesser known zombie flick, it just has to be seen to be believed. I was pleasantly surprised to find it listed on Internet Movie Database.