I heart Irony
Checking out my favourite blogs, I saw this book review on Academic Coach’s blog. It’s a book about procrastination. More specifically, it’s a book about how not to procrastinate. I immediate thought, “I need to get this book and read it immediately! I must drop all the work I’m doing right now and read this book in order to learn how not to procrastinate anymore.” If I were to write a book about how not to procrastinate, it would just say “Put down this book and get back to work!!” Ah… I really do heart irony.
In the interests of actually getting my thesis revisions done on time, I present you with the list of:
Things I’ve Had to Ban Myself From Doing:
- watching clips of any TV shows on the net
- looking at Mugglenet updates
- reading archives of my favourite blogs
- looking up anything on Internet Movie Database
- playing around on Urban Dictionary
- updating my weblinks page (which gives me easy access to all the things I like to do to procrastinate)
- checking my email more than once per hour
- initiating any conversations on messenger*
- basically anything to do with the internet that doesn’t involve downloading academic papers from the library’s website
- ever buying another black shirt**
OK, I need to get in a solid 2 hours of work before I head out for my friend’s birthday dinner… although I do think I should call my sister, clean my kitchen and check out the archives of all my favourite blogs….
*I will, however, chat if someone messages me… it could be something important that they need to talk to me about!
**this has nothing to do with procrastinating… I just own way too many black shirts and way too few shirts with actual colour in them!
***Bandwagon jumper — I’m guilty as charged!