I think I need an intervention…
I think that, perhaps, I may be addicted to the internet. Evidence to support this hypothesis includes that I have:
- 8 email address. That I check daily. Did I say daily? I meant, hourly
- 3 blogs that I post to on a (semi)regular basis
- friends that I only know in an online environment
- sold a copy of my thesis on ebay
- 4 different ways of being instant messaged, 3 of which are online virtually 24/7
- my CV and teaching portfolio and family’s Christmas wish list available on the web
- maps on Frappr, photos on Fotki and Flickr and Facebook, and profiles on more than one social networking system (see my Facebook badge, which I’ve added to the sidebar of my blog)
- hell, even when I do something nonline, like running, it somehow ends up being web-related, like when I mapmyrun.com.
And speaking of Facebook, I was goofing around on there and discovered that Fire Hydrant was a recent addition to this great procrastination device. Fire Hydrant is somewhat of a legend on campus at UBC, having actually run in several elections. So I added Fire Hydrant as one of my friends:
I think the “Details” of the relationship between Fire Hydrant and I (as listed on Facebook) are particularly amusing.