The other day, Dave lamented that he and Sarah had only been to six concerts since they’d moved to Ottawa, which was about 2.5 years ago. It got me to thinking, “hey, I think I’ve only been to like 6 concerts. Ever.”* I think that means I’m not very well versed in the music scene
- Billy Bragg – at Ontario Place, with my sister
- Barenaked Ladies – at Canada’s Wonderland, with Sarah and I believe Dave was there too, and some other randoms.
- Depeche Mode – again, at C’s W, with Sarah and I remember Carlene being there and possibly Jen W. and other assorteds.
- Jesus & Mary Chain – at some warehouse-type place (wait, was it called “The Warehouse”? Goddamn, I have a terrible memory). With Sarah’s then boyfriend and her ex-bf’s brother. I know, Random with a captial R.**
- Green Day – GM Place. Don’t even get me started on the f’d up circumstances that led me to see this concert. Good show though.
- Sloan – at the Commodore Ballroom, with Jason #2. That’s right, I said it.
*Sarah, my personal historian, please correct me if I’ve forgotten any. I discovered I don’t need a memory of my own because I have a Sarah.
**Allow me to emphasize here that these first four were all when I was HIGH SCHOOL. And I graduated from high school over a decade* ago!!