- For the third time in as many weeks, I’ve managed to forget to put on my mascara while getting ready in the morning. I put on my eyeliner. I put on my eyeshadow. I blend the shadow. But at some point between the putting down of my shadow brush and the picking up my mascara, I get distracted somehow, and completely forget to pick up that mascara wand. I don’t know how I manage to do this on such a regular basis.
- A geek-cute1 boy smiled at me when I got on the bus today. I sat down in the seat in front of him and when I looked out the window, I could see out of the corner of my eye that he was glancing my way. When I got up to get off the bus, he looked back at me not once, not twice, but three times – and looked away really quickly each time when he saw that I was watching. This is a good way to start the day.
- I really shouldn’t have to wear a sweater to keep the chill off when going to work in August. I. just. shouldn’t. Why did you bypass us this year, summer, why?
- I’m coming to the realization that open wounds in the jaw don’t like having coffee poured into them. I’m not going to do anything about that, but I have made the observation.
- Speaking of coffee, my coffee maker may look like a spaceship, but it doesn’t make my coffee hot enough
- Earlier, when writing a note, I wrote today’s date down as “28 July 2008”. wtf?
- Despite being unable to get to sleep until 2 am (which may have had something to do with becoming distracted by a neat website that I was goofing off on until I seemed tired, combined with a general feeling of unwellness that kept me up thereafter) and despite what this posting (and its title) may lead you to believe, I was actually feeling really alert today. It’s the first day since getting my wisdom teeth out that I’ve felt like my brain was functioning at above 75% capacity, where I haven’t felt the overwhelming need to fall asleep at my desk all day and where I actually had the strength to walk the 4 blocks from the bus stop to my building and make it up the 6 flights of stairs to my office. This level of vim and vigor lasted until shortly after lunch.
1“geek-cute” is one of the many forms of boy cuteness of which I am fond. Other types include “young-cute,” “pretty boy-cute” and “smoking hot-cute”.