NaBloPoMoDone

30 days, 30 outstanding blog postings!  OK, 27 outstanding blog postings and 3 blog postings that I totally phoned in – but done nonetheless.

And in honour of this momentous occasion, I grant myself this lovely “Participant” badge.  Because nothing says “great job” like “eh, she showed up.”

9 Responses to NaBloPoMoDone

1. Darren says:

Excellent work! I'd give you a lovely pewter medal, too, if I had one on hand.

2. drbethsnow says:

What is the deal with pewter medals? I saw you tweeted something about that earlier today…

• Darren says:

They've apparently been introduced in some sports as a fourth-place medal.

Which isn't to say I think you deserve fourth place. I was merely making a bad joke about your whole 'she showed up' thing.

Congrats!

I made it too (which to be fair is way more of an accomplishment, I think *grin*).

Woo!

4. Shihtzustaff says:

woo hoo! Do December with me. Just do the posting don't worry about the mitzvah stuff. My plan is to post about if/when it happens. I am a pretty kind person so I don't think I will go out of my way to do it.

5. drbethsnow says:

Actually, fourth place wouldn't be too bad – there were lots of people who did NaBloPoMo, so fourth would be totally respectable! lol!

6. It's like the old school 'Canada Fitness Program'. If you didn't get at least bronze in all areas, you'd get 'Participant'. Then, they changed it so that if you got bronze in ANY, you got a bronze. (Nothing like lowering standards to boost self esteem).

• Kalev says:

Oh that explains why I started getting Bronze!

Actually, I think the "less than Bronze" award was called a ParticipAction award (nothing like government employees who think they're all clever :P).

• drbethsnow says:

I always thought that the program was called "Participaction," but the ribbon said "participant." Or was it a pin?

And though I totally remember their being Participaction events in elementary school, I honestly cannot remember what level I got.