Slightly past the halfway mark – Goals 2018 check-in
- deadlifted my own body weight
- set up and implemented a performance planning and review system for my team at work
- painted my condo – totally need to blog about this, but it has been done!
On my way:
- do a chin-up or pull-up without the help of a resistance band – I’ve been working really hard at the gym on this one and I’ve gotten to the point that I’ve been able to do the top part of a chin (from elbows bent at 90 degrees to chin all the way up) 1-2 x completely unassisted before I need an assist. I feel like I have a good shot of achieving this goal by the end of the year.
- write in my journal at least one time per week, on average – I haven’t counted how many entries I’ve made this year, but I’ve done a bit. Need to go and count them to see how far off I am.
- sew 5 items – I’ve sewn two zipped pouches, so I’m a bit behind with only 2/5 of this goal done. I do want to take some more sewing classes, but likely won’t do that until the fall, as the weather has been so nice, I don’t want to be inside sewing right now.
- make 18 new foods and/or beverages that I’ve never made before – I’ve made 12, which is 66.7% of my goal, so I’m slightly ahead of schedule on this one!
- finish Konmaring my condo– I’ve done a lot of work on this one. Not sure if I can get through everything, but I’m going to try!
- buy a freezer – we’ve been talking about this one and looking at them, but we have yet to pull the trigger
- learned 12 new things – I’ve learned, according to the list I’m keeping, 9 new things this year, though I’ve only blogged about 4 of them. Which means I’m 50% done the learning and 22% done the blogging – so I’m behind, but it’s definitely within the realm of catching up!
- read 18 books – I’ve read 11 books (or 61.1% of my goal – so I’m on track for this one). And I just started reading two new books and have a few of textbooks that I’m about to read too!
Might be salvageable:
- meditating once a week – I did a few sessions using the Headspace app, but then I sort of dropped off. I’ve been more working on being mindful throughout my day, but I just finished reading 10% Happier by Dan Harris and it’s motivated me to dedicate some time to actually doing meditation again. So this one might be doable (as an average over the whole year) if I get into a routine.
- submitted 3 papers for publication – I’ve submitted one, but don’t really foresee there being much time to dedicate to writing two more2. But perhaps I’ll get inspired in the next few months!
- applying for a Nexus card – this is a thing I could do
- donated blood twice – this is also a thing I could do
- published 118 blog postings – when I hit publish on this one, I will have published 25. So I have a ways to go to catch up – but it’s not impossible. To publish 93 blog postings by the end of the year, I just need to publish 4.65 blog postings per week3.
- publish at least six are long form blog postings (minimum of 3000 words) – so far I’ve done 2, so I just need to do 4 more.
Beyond all hope:
- bringing my lunch to work at least 75% of the time – work got so crazy that not only did I not bring my lunch to work very often, I stopped even recording it, so now I have no idea how often I did or did not bring my lunch to work. 🙁
So there you have it:
- 3/18 (17%) complete
- 8/18 (44%) that I have a decent shot of achieving
- 6/18 (33%) that I could do if I set my mind to it
- 1/8 (6%) that ain’t gonna happen
Guess I should be adding some of those “I could do if I set my mind to it” ones to my “to do” list!
- In fact, we are 63.3% of the way through the year! [↩]
- Honestly, I can’t even remember what the second of the “two others” that I mentioned having ideas for when I wrote my goals up back in January even was! [↩]
- Of course, it’s far more likely that I will continue to publish just a few per month and then I’ll hit November and try to post a blog posting per day for NaBloPoMo, and then try to do the rest over my Christmas holidays. This is not my first rodeo. [↩]
In category: goals