How Did I Do On My 2019 Goals?
Since 2019 is officially over, it’s time to tally up how I did on my 2019 goals!
- I’ve built a closet organizer in the front hall closet. Done!
- I’ve installed a lazy Susan in each of the two corner cabinets in the kitchen. Done!
- I’ve built a closet organizer in the pantry closet. Done!
- I’ve cleaned up the pile of bins in the office that are driving Scott crazy. I also did this one on Dec 17, though I didn’t blog about it. It was just a pile of bins full of random things that needed to either be taken to the recycling depot, donated, or have a place found for it in the condo. And I have to admit, it’s nice to not have that sitting in the middle of the room anymore.
- I’ve done a single unassisted pull up. Pull ups (when your palms are facing forward) are harder than chin ups (with palms facing towards you). Accomplished on Nov 21! And then I’ve done a few more since then too!
- I’ve deadlifted 90 kg (198 lbs). Smashed this goal with my award winning 100 kg lift!
- I’ve made 19 new foods and/or beverages that I’ve never made before – and blogged about each of them. Exceeded this goal by making 26 new things!
- I’ve read 20 books – and blogged about each of them. Got this one done, but just barely.
- I’ve had people over for dinner 5 times. Finished this one in the nick of time, as Kalev came over for dinner last night and prior to that I’d only had people over for dinner 4 times.
View this post on Instagram
That’s the face of a woman who did her first ever unassisted pull up tonight! And then a few minutes later, did another one! **** I’ve done chin ups before, but pull ups were my next big goal. Tonight my program had me slated to do 6 assisted pull ups and before my first set I thought “maybe I’ll try an unassisted one just to see what happens.” And I totally did it! ***** Thanks @deefitdot for writing the programs that got me to this goal! Maybe my next goal can be muscle ups? I mean, after the powerlifting competition, of course! And thanks to @strongsidenewwest for being the best gym ever! #StrongWoman #pullups #strongsidenewwest
- KonMari’ed all the kitchen stuff. I have a *lot* of kitchen stuff. I got through all the dishes/pots/pans/cutlery/etc. when I got the pantry closet organizer and lazy Susans installed, but haven’t been through all the foods. I think I have some canned goods and other foods in the cupboards that are way beyond their best before date, so I really should Konmari those.
- compiled a list of all my accounts and other relevant information for my executrix. I started this list while I was at my sister’s place over the holidays and there were a few things I needed to look up at home. And then totally forgot to look them up when I got home. So close, but yet so far!
- 10 unassisted chin ups in a row. I didn’t get 10 in a row, but on Oct 2, I did 5 sets of 2 each, so I got 10 in one workout. I
- squatted 90 kg (198 lbs). While I didn’t backsquat 90 kg, I did 2 reps of 85 kg on Nov 8 and I continued to train backsquat with higher reps on my subsequent program, but I didn’t do a 1 rep max test at the end of the year to see how much I could do. I bet I’m close to being able to squat 90 kg now though.
- written in my journal at least one time per week, on average. I only managed to do this 42 times. But I feel like I’m back in the habit of journalling again, so that makes me happy.
- slept an average of 7 hours per night. Since I bought myself a Fitbit on Boxing Day last year, I now have sleep data to play with. I had to download all my data and do a bit of playing around with the file to get the daily average, and it turns out to be 6.93 hours per day! So, so close!
- published 78 blog postings. I did 52 on this blog, but I also did 21 on my professional blog, for a total of 73.
- KonMari’ed all the bathroom stuff (including toiletries, make-up, and towels). I was totally planning to do this yesterday, but I ran out of time. I’m now planning to do this by the end of the week, so it will go on my 2020 goals list.
- painted the inside of both the front hall closet and the office closet. Also something I was planning to do over my Christmas holidays, but ran out of time. It will also go on my 2020 goal list – I did a bit of reading on painting closets and I think I can do it was a weekend project.
- sewn 5 items. I sewed nothing this year. So this is my most epic of my epic fails.
So that’s 9 out of 19 complete, with another 7 partially complete, and only 3 that I totally failed on. Not quite as good as last year’s 50% completion rate, but much better than the previous year!
Now to compile my 2020 goals!