Six Things Meme
First, da rules of da game:
1. Link to the person who tagged me. (That would be Rebecca)
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (Actually, if they’re regular readers of your blog, then #4 should do the trick.)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
OK, now I have to write six random things. Crap. Hmmm… what can I tell you that I haven’t told y’all before?
- I was born with a dislocated hip (a.ka. congenital hip dysplasia). As a baby I underwent surgery, was in traction and then had to be in a half-body cast. My maternal grandmother had the same thing, but they didn’t know how to fix it when she was a baby, she always walked with a limp. Thanks to modern medicine, I’m 100% fine in the hip department.
- Tonight for dinner I made a recipe that I got from a virtual stranger on Twitter. I call it my Twitterecipe.
- I would love love love to have my own cooking show.
- I’m currently obsessed with the goings on in the federal government and the possibility of a Liberal-NDP coalition government. I’m checking the CBC and CTV news websites even more than usual, have been watching CSPAN and am delighted that so many Canadians (myself included) are learning about how the Parliament works (No folks, you don’t elect a Prime Minister in Canada – you elect 308 members of the House of Commons and they get to decide who will be the P.M.!)
- It looks like I get to teach a course at Simon Fraser University1 next term! I’m still waiting for my contract, but I’ve been offered an SFU course to teach. I’ve never taught at SFU before, but I’ve only heard wonderful things about the place from everyone I’ve me that has gone there, so I’m pretty happy about that.
Now I have to tag six people, eh? Well, I’ll go with the same five people who I tagged for the Five Things Meme2, plus Tod (who is totally dying to be memed).
- Almost Dr. Jacks
- John McCain (I mean, what else does he have to do with his time, what with not being the President-elect and all)
1Well, technically it’s not at SFU as it is a distance ed course, so I’ll be teaching it from my living room rather than up on Burnaby Mountain. But it’s an SFU course nonetheless.
2Because I can just copy and paste those and I really am that lazy.