1 Year To Go ‘Til 1001
A mere 636 days ago, I published my second list of 101 things to do in 1001 days. Which means that I only have 1 year left until those 1001 days are up1! So today seemed like a good day to check in on my progress.
Shockingly, I have only accomplished 13 of the 101 items on my list! 13?! What the hell?
In my defence, I wrote out that list before I actually knew that I was going to go to b-school2 and that my every waking moment that I’m not at work would be filled with debits and credits and leveraging competitive advantage of organizational culture to create shared value in a sustainable way rather than completing item #71 on my 101 list.
However. The reason one monitors one’s progress is so that one might take some corrective action when they notice they are not on track. So I’ve gone through this list to pick out the low hanging fruit – I figure it will be helpful to focus my attention on the stuff that I know I can get done!
First off, we have the “Ones That Are In The Works“:
26. Do some kind of exercise every day for a year (I’m currently on day 192)
55. Leave the continent (trip booked for August 1)
65. Go to a Vancouver Canadians game (ticket purchased for Wednesday!)
Next, we have the “Ones That I Absolutely Positively Can Do, Shouldn’t Even Be A Problem At All“:
24. Write a will
52. Cook a decent tasting eggplant parmesan
69. Visit Galiano Island – anyone wanna come with?
70. Visit Bowen Island – anyone wanna come with?
98. drive the entire length of the King George Boulevard of Broken Dreams with Kalev
Then we have the “Ones That I Should Get Off My Butt And Organize”
23. Go skydiving
39. Go scuba diving
43. Make homemade pasta
44. Go to NYC3
62. For one week, go to bed at 9 and read non-work related books
77. Do 15 minutes of yoga every morning for a month
85. Make homemade marshmallows
88. watch salmon spawning
89. go to Fright Nights at the PNE
90. do the Stanley Park Christmas lights train ride
94. Make homemade egg nog.
99. Make Baked Alaska
100. print eight photos and put them in the photo frame that I bought ages ago that has been handing on my wall with the stock photos in it, because that really looks quite ridiculous the way it is
101. publish 501 blog postings in this 1001 day period18.
Then we have “One That I Can Do Right This Second“:
36. Incorporate the word “growlery” into my vocabulary.
I hereby declare that from now on my second bedroom, heretofore known as my “office”, shall henceforth be referred to as my “growlery”. Number 36, consider yourself accomplished!
And finally, there’s “One That I Can Do By Starting Today and Not Screwing Up For The Next 365 Days“:
87. Do another 365 day photo challenge.
A 365 day photo challenge is one where you take a self-portrait every single day for 365 days4. I kept thinking that I had “plenty” of time to get to this one, but since I only have 365 days left in my 1001 days, today is my last chance to start this. And start it I have! Here’s my first photo:
Wish me luck!