28 Days Later
This blog posting is kind of pointless and you probably don’t even need to read it.
So the last time you saw me here, I was in the midst of the busiest work thing I’ve ever done. It managed to stay that same level of crazy for about a month and settled down just in time for me to hop on a plane and go to Calgary for four days for a conference, which I just returned from yesterday evening, and then I was back at work again today. Thankfully, my team and I are now able work just our regular 8 hour days Monday to Friday again. Don’t get me wrong, there is still a tonne of stuff to be done1, but nothing that is super urgent the way it’s been for the past month – things have stabilized so we don’t have to have to extract, analyze, and report a whole bunch of data by 8 am every morning. Hooray!
But enough about work. While work has been going on, I’ve still being doing the occasional non-work thing and have had no time whatsoever to blog them. Such things (which I may or may not ever actually blog about) include, in no particular order:
- that time that Dr. Dan and friends went bungee jumping and I bravely cheered them on from a distance while standing on solid ground
- my mom and my aunt’s trip to Vancouver
- some books I’ve read
- some foods I’ve made
- my trip to Calgary (spoiler alert: I still hate Calgary)
- this year’s balcony herb garden
- my lack of vacation planning, despite having vacation time booked
- finally finishing one category in my attempt to Konmari my condo
- probably a whole bunch of stuff that I’m forgetting
Anyway, I’m mostly writing this blog posting as a way of reminding me of all the things I’m planning to write blog postings about, now that I have a teensy bit of time again. So if you’ve actually read this, then you are probably feeling rather unsatisfied by the lack of actual content. But don’t say you weren’t warned!
- And about half a dozen more of these “go lives” at other sites, but let’s not think about that right now, k? [↩]