Since I’m in an updatey kind of mood lately, I figured now was a good time to do an update on my progress on my 101 things to do in 1001 days list. I mean, it’s pivotal day 913 of these 1001 days, after all. So, let’s see how I’m doing on this list, shall we?
Items I’ve recently crossed off the list:
17. teach a course at a college (Completed in Jan-Apr 2011, thanks to teaching Stats 100 at the J.I.)
38. participate in the “365 Day Challenge”. This involves taking a self-portrait every day for 365 days and posting it to the 365 Day Flickr group. (Completed on 21 June 2011: See here)
I’m also pretty close to achieving:
16. write a book (There is something in the works, but I am not at liberty to say any more than that1)
39. make a list of 100 things that make me happy (I’ve started this one, but I want to make a really genuine list, so I’m taking my time to come up with things that really, truly make me happy. So far I have 63 items on the list.)
And now some stats, because who doesn’t love stats?
- items accomplished – 28 (or 27.7%)
- items in progress – 9 (or 8.9%)
- items on which I’m totally slacking (or which are now impossible to accomplish) – 64 (or 63.3%)
- days that have gone by – 913 (91.2% )
- days remaining – 88
- which means I would have to accomplish 0.7 items per day over the next 88 days to complete the list. Which I can’t do anyway, because some of the items are now impossible to do2, but that’s how many I’d need to do.
- I’m so intriguing, right? I totally should have put “be more intriguing” on the list! [↩]
- For example, I can’t see a show at Richard’s on Richard’s because it closed down. And I can’t bake something new every month for a year, because there is not enough time left to do that. Also, there are some things on the list that I just don’t care about anymore (Women’s Campaign School, I’m looking in your direction!), so I know I’m not going to bother doing them. [↩]