I’m home from my trip. Most of my time on my flight home I spent working, but I did manage to jot down a few blogworthy1 thoughts.
- Why don’t airlines enforce the carry-on baggage size limit? A women boarding the plane in front of me not only brought on a bag that was clearly bigger than we are allowed to bring, but she stuffed it, after much effort, into the overhead compartment in row 14, despite sitting in a row much further back on the plane. Because apparently she didn’t give a rat’s ass that the people in row 14 might want to use the overhead compartment for their own baggage. So inconsiderate.
- Everyone on my flight from Toronto to Vancouver appears to be from New York.
- My sister packed a lunch for me to take on the plane. She told me that she included some crackers in my lunch, but when I pulled my lunch bag out, I saw that this meant a package of my nephew’s goldfish crackers. Hilarious! And delicious!
- Why didn’t I bring any chocolate on this flight? And why are all the baked goods that I am bringing home in my *checked* baggage?
- Turns out that all the New Yorkers on my plane are going to some sort of insurance conference in Vancouver.
- When the people around you on the airplane talk about being “agents”, it’s much more fun to assume that they are agents of the secret variety than of the insurance variety.
And now, an evening of unpacking and laundry and catching up on the Walking Dead! w00t!
- It’s my blog I decided what’s blogworthy, just FYI. YMMV. [↩]