Wanted: New Name For Blog

Well, I still need a new name for my blog. Only Dave has been so kind as to make any suggestions for far (thanks Dave! You win 50,000 points!), but I have a feeling that “David Emerson is a Whore” might become dated a little too quickly (especially if this minority government falls because I have a feeling that old Emerson won’t be elected as a “Tory”, at least not in his current riding). So, in my brainstorming, this is what I’ve come up with so far:

• The Total Perspective Vortex
  • Tastes Like Burning
  • Never Trust Something That Thinks For Itself If You Can’t See Where It Keeps Its Brain

OK, so that’s not a lot of ideas. Does anyone else have any good ideas?

10 Responses to Wanted: New Name For Blog

1. HMP says:

Hmmm…I don’t know. Here are some random thoughts:

The Simpsons (bet you’ve never heard that before!)

Isaac Hayes sucks his own chocolate salty balls.

Golb, a Blog (and a palindrome!)

My brain is bigger than yours.

Don’t mess with anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn’t die.

2. Jorge says:

Bethybethy…

Here are some of mine:

What’s That On Your Shirt?

Fresh From Under the Bed

The Boogeyman Killed Your Family and Then Replaced Them With Exact Duplicates

Touched Dave Last

Thesis Writing Was Hell

3. Dave says:

When all else fails, I like to look to rap for inspiration. How about:

I May Be Skinny at Times But I’m Phat for the Rhymes.

Baseball bats? I got something for that–It goes bla ka ka kat!

or maybe

Straight Outta Compton, a Crazy Motherfucker Named Beth

Rap, eh? I could always go with my favourite Eminem line:

Back to the lab again, yo

5. HMP says:

If you choose Jorge’s “Thesis Writing Was Hell”, you wouldn’t have to change your actual blogspot name.

Good thinking, Katie!

My friend Kalev suggested “Postdoc Purgatory”. I told you that Kalev is clever!

7. Jorge says:

All of the suggestions are good.
    So use all of them at the same time and set a record for the longest URL ever!

8. Jorge says:

If it’s any consolation you made me shoot water out of my nose from me laughing at that.

9. Courtney-O says:

I hope I’m not too late for this suggestion –

“All That School Wasted – Now I Wish I Were a Stripper”

That was inspired by that new song “I’m in Love with a Stripper”

Courtney