- Went to my laser eye surgery consultation on Friday and after watching a cheesy “educational” video – some of which was about the surgery, some of which told me such non-informative things as “hey, did you know glasses and contacts are really annoying?” – and having an ultrasound measurement taken on my eyes, I was informed that I’m a good candidate for either PRK or LASIK due to my above average corneal thickness. I’m thinking I’ll go with LASIK as it has a much shorter healing time (2-3 days vs. 10 days). Although I have to admit that I am a bit freaked out by the idea of having a flap cut in my cornea (which is what they do in LASIK; in PRK, they do the surgery without cutting a flap first). Also, I’m leaning towards going to the more expensive place. The surgeon is super experienced and I liked him, so I’m thinking it’s worth the money. I may think differently when I can’t afford to eat because I spent all my money on eye surgery, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.
- Finished watching Season 4 of 24. In celebration, I suggest you check out this pie chart.
- Booked a flight to Ontario for the end of the month to visit the fam. My sister has vacation then, so I figured I could take some vacation days as well and hang out with her. And my wee niece, who we all know is the greatest child ever to have lived.
- Won our hockey game last night! I got an assist! I can haz 3 game point streak?
- Also in the hockey game, I got the flukiest injury ever. Correction – *before* the hockey game I got the flukiest injury ever. While getting dressed for the game, just as I reached down to tie up my skate laces, my friend Kim kicked her foot up to tie up her skate laces and nicked my wrist with her skate blade. Thankfully it was on the side of my wrist and was just a nick – but if I had my hand turned just slightly the other way and if she’d kicked her foot up just a bit higher, that could have been right nasty!
- Spent the evening, after the hockey game, playing with Wesabe. I’ll have more to report later, once I’ve played with it some more, but so far, it’s pretty damn cool.
- It’s my dad’s birthday today. Happy birthday, Daddy!