What Is This Thing Called?

As per Krista Lee’s request, here’s a photo of my “piping dohickey”:

It’s totally awesome for decorating cakes or cookies, as I find that it is much easier on your hands to push the plunger to dispense the icing than it is to squeeze a decorator bag, particularly when you are decorating a huge cake or a tonne of cookies.

The drawback to this thingamabob is that it holds a small volume, so if you are trying to make, say, meringues, you spend a lot of time refilling the dohickey, because they require a much larger volume of mix than when you are just using it to decorate. I think I may need to get myself a proper decorating bag for my newfound love of making meringues!

2 Replies to “What Is This Thing Called?”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.