Can you believe that it’s only 100 days until the puck drops for the Longest Game of Ice Hockey? It seems like only days ago I signed on to play hockey for 10 days straight (eek!) and now here it is, a mere 2,400 hours until 39 women and I step onto the ice to play hockey for 242+ hours!!
And to commemorate this momentous occasion (of there being only 100 days left ’til the game starts!), I’ve added a footer to all my blog posts. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to see the footer if you read this via the RSS feeds1, but if not, it looks like this:
I’m playing in the Longest Game of Hockey for CF – a 10-day long hockey game to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. Please consider donating!
Isn’t that a lovely footer? Doesn’t it just make you want to click on it and donate??
A few other reminders about the game:
- You should totally donate. Just click on the big “donate now” button on my bio page. And be sure to select my name from the drop down list. Also, thank you to those of you who have donated already2!
- Do you own a company or know someone who owns a company? Did you know that it’s been scientifically proven by scientists that sponsoring me will increase your company’s awesomeness levels by a factor of 100? Your company will get all the benefits of the “Sponsor a Player Package.” Plus, you’ll be forever associated with me and my awesomeness.
- I’m still selling chocolate hockey sticks and pucks. And I’m willing to deliver them to you3.
- You should totally donate.
- I guess I’ll know once I publish this posting! [↩]
- There’s been a bit of a technical glitch with getting a list of people who have donated for me, so I haven’t been able to thank you all personally, but I will get the list and I will thank you each individually and profusely [↩]
- Within reason. And for a price. Make me an offer! [↩]