I can’t believe that my trip to Ottawa & Montreal is almost here! I’m going to Ottawa for a two-day workshop on Wednesday & Thursday, but due to the length of the flight, the three hour time zone difference, and the fact that my workshop starts at 8 am sharp, Tuesday is my day to travel. I get in to O-town around 2 pm, which gives me time to check in, enjoy the hot tub, grab dinner and go to bed early, since 8 am Eastern time is going to feel like 5 am to me! Wednesday and Thursday are full days of workshopping, and because Friday is a holiday, I decided that I may as well stay out east for the long weekend. My mom, my sister and my nephew are going to join me in O-town on Thursday night, where we’ll have dinner with our friend Shelley1 and then we are going to head to Montreal to visit some of my aunts, uncles & cousins that live there. Also, it’s my mom’s 65th birthday on the 12th, so we’ll get to celebrate it in Montreal! So. Excited!
And now – a list. Because who doesn’t like lists?
Things I’m Excited About For My Upcoming Trip (in no particular order):
- hotel hot tubs
- learning a whole bunch about Outcome Mapping (the topic of the workshop)
- seeing my family
- going to Montreal for the first time since ’05
- eating a Montreal smoked meat sandwich at Swartz’s for the first time since my childhood!
- drinking some spruce beer!
- Sadly, Sarah & Dave will be on a cruise. Well, not sad that they are enjoying a nice cruise, but sad that I’ll be in their town and won’t get to see them [↩]
Tags: family, Montreal, NaBloPoMo, NaBloPoMo2011, Ottawa, people who are cool enough to travel with me, travel
Have fun. Would that I could make the trip to O-town as well for a quick visit. Sadly I have stupid stupid meetings all week. Stupid meetings are the stupidest of all meetings.
How dare they make you work during the work week! Don’t they know that there are shenanigans to be had?
It would have been awesome to party it up in O-town or Montreal with you! Have a great trip 🙂