So, there’s been an ice storm in the Greater Toronto Area for the past couple of days. My aunt and cousin who live in Ajax, like countless others in the area, have been without heat and power, as heavy ice has brought down trees and powerlines and crushed cars and all sorts of craziness. We’ve been exceptionally lucky at my sister’s house, as we lost power for only ~10 mins (and that happened before I even woke up this morning). We didn’t go out at all yesterday, as the roads and sidewalks were a skating rink. My mom and I went out to the store this afternoon and we saw some big piles of tree branches that were down and traffic lights down the Danforth weren’t operating and there was tonnes of icy patches on the sidewalk, but overall it’s been not too bad. I forgot my phone when we went out so I didn’t get pictures, but I found some pretty cool pics on Flickr (hooray for people using Creative Commons licenses on their photos!
Dangerous – but beautiful!
- First 4 photos are posted by Andrea Williams on Flickr.
- Fifth photo posted by Roozbeh Rokni on Flickr.
- Sixth photo posted by Marie Foulston on Flickr.
- Seventh photo posted by Nila Sivatheesan on Flickr.
- Eighth photo posted by Paul Gorbould on Flickr.