… is off to a running start. Hee hee. Puns.
Alicia and I went out for a run today. A leisurely little 7 km. Our first official run of the 2010 running season! We’ve both done some other short runs1 this year, but this was the first day of our 16-week training plan for the half marathon we are training for!
This is our race plan for the season:
- BMO Vancouver International – May 2, 2010 – 7 km
- Vancouver Sun Run – May 9, 2010 – 10 km
- Scotiabank Half Marathon – June 17, 2010 – 21.1 km
Note that the Scotiabank half, unlike the Vancouver International half, which we ran last year, uses a net downhill route:
In tangentially-related news, quite a few people have favourited this photo on Flickr lately:
I find this strange.
- I even went out for a run in *Surrey*! And I have to say it’s just not a pretty place to run. I ran around Surrey Lake (yeah, I didn’t know there was such a place either) and it sure wasn’t like running in Vancouver. If anyone knows of any nice places to run in Surrey, please let me know! [↩]
- I thought I’d blogged about that, but can’t seem to find it. It was around the time that I wrote this posting and I really did say to myself (in my head. Not out loud. Because that would be weird. Well, weirder.) one day when I was out for a run “I choose to like running up this hill!” And, strange as it may sound, it made the hill not suck as much [↩]