If I Had a House Warming Party, Would You Come To It?

So, I’ve had an address in Surrey for almost a year now1, so I’m thinking it’s about time to throw that housewarming party I’ve been meaning to have. I mean, my place is big enough to hold a small convention in, so I certainly have the space. And I love to cook for showing off purposes, so there’d be excellent food. The problem, however, is that I don’t have much faith that anyone will come.

I’ve had a few friends who have been brave enough to make the trip out to my place for dinner2, but it’s really few and far between. And I can’t blame people for not coming here more often – I don’t live anywhere near a Skytrain station and since virtually all my friends live in Vancouver, a lot of them don’t have cars and taking Skytrain plus a bus that doesn’t come around very often is not exactly good times. When my friend Patrice lived in Surrey, she threw a housewarming party and almost no one went to it, but when she moved to New West, her place was *packed* for her housewarming. Coincidence – I think not.

Anyway. I’m putting this out to you, blog readers. If I threw a housewarming party, would you be willing to make a trip all the way to Surrey to attend?

1. nope, not yet able to say that in “live” in Surrey. Because really, can you call what happens here “living”? []
  2. and I love you all for that! You know who you are []

9 Responses to If I Had a House Warming Party, Would You Come To It?

I will be there in a heartbeat–you just have to wait until August. Or maybe late April/early May.

2. Raul says:

I’ve come to Surrey before 😉

3. Um.

I’d love to say yes, and if you were on the SkyTrain I definitely would. BUT I don’t drive, and I’m afraid it would be a hard sell for hubby, ‘cos we usually have at least one, sometimes more, invites to do stuff in Vancouver on weekend evenings.

Sorry dude 🙁

Yeah, that’s pretty much what I thought.

5. Chris t says:

How close to the highway are you? I am in MR but close to the new bridge which means we don’t have to pack a lunch to go to Surrey!

• Beth says:

I’m in East Newton – so not really that close to the highway, but definitely much easier to get to from MR than it used to be thanks to that bridge!

Doesn’t look like I’ll be having a housewarming, but perhaps you could cone over for dinner sometime!

6. Jen B says:

I would suffer for 2 hours on public transit for you Bethie

Aww, you are the sweetest, Dr. Jen!