Reviewing My Goals for 2012
Just one day left in the calendar year, so it’s time to check in on how I did on my 2012 goals. (Note to self: I really should check in on my goals list before day 3651, so that I can actually do something about the ones I’m slacking on before it’s too late.) Anyhoo, let’s tally the score!
|score 12 points on one of my hockey teams||N||This was not a well thought out goal, as I have missed the lion’s share of my hockey games this year thanks to school2. Moreover, since these are calendar-year goals but the hockey season crosses calendar years, I had to try to sort through which goals were scored in which calendar year. By my calculations, in 2012, on the Blazing Blades I scored a measly 4 points (2 in 7 games3 I’ve played this season and 2 at the end of last season4 ), but for the Snipers, I can’t actually tell how many I scored in 2012, as that league doesn’t give me the breakdown of when points were scored in previous seasons. Regardless, I didn’t come anywhere near 12 points even if you added my points on both teams together, so we can chalk this goal up as an epic fail.|
|go to 24 yoga practices||N||I actually haven’t a clue how many yoga classes I’ve gone to this year, since it appears that I neglected to track them (d’oh!). I know that I’ve gone to six yoga classes on the Groupon that I got for the yoga studio near my apartment – because they use the old-school passes where they just write in the box on a little card every time you attend a class. But I have no idea how many times – if any – I went to the old hot yoga studio near my old place, because the pass there is the kind that’s just a barcode that you scan when you go in, so I can’t see how many classes I’ve used on that one. I’m reasonably certain, however, that I didn’t go to anywhere near 24 practices, though I have been doing some yoga-like stretching on my own time.|
|run 240 km||Y||This one I solidly accomplished, putting in 295.51 km – and nearly 37 hours(!) – of running in 2012!|
|knock 24 items off my 101 list of things to do in 1001 days||N||Yet another fail! I managed to knock 7 items off the list – a mere 29% of my goal!|
|run in 3 races||2 out of 3||One zombie obstacle course race. One half marathon. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad.|
|make $100,008||Y||If you count my scholarship – which I totally do – then I finally surpassed the $100K mark. Granted, a huge chunk of that now goes to pay for tuition, textbooks and various other school-related bric-a-brac, but still – goal accomplished!|
Next up, a posting about my goals for 2013!
- I nearly wrote day 364, but then I remembered that this year was a leap year! [↩]
- One of my teams plays only on Sundays and I have class roughly every third Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm. I can play if games are ~6:30 pm or later on class days, but this season in particular, games on class days all seemed to have been smack in the middle of class time. [↩]
- One of which I actually got in today’s game! [↩]
- I had a total of 8 points in 2011/12, but only 2 were in 2012. [↩]
- Which is actually better than I did last year. [↩]
- Which, if you are interested, works out to 30.65 DAYS – or 8% of the year – at a ratio of 1.33 hrs of homework for every 1 hour of class! [↩]