Goals for 2012
I’m feeling in a creative mood, so I’m going to try to set my 2012 goals1 by making them all have something to do with 12 or multiples of 12. I’m very aware that I’m going to be hellabusy in 2012 with that whole school thing starting, so I’m trying to set my goals for be reasonable given my limited time, yet still a bit of a challenge to help me make sure I’m doing things that I really should be doing.
- score 12 points on one of my hockey teams – I was going to put 12 goals, but seriously, who am I kidding?
- go to 24 yoga practices – that’s just about one every other week, which should be doable
- run 240 km – that averages out to less than 5 km per week and since 5 km is my basic “I’m going out for a run” distance, I should be able to get that done, right?
- knock 24 items off my 101 list of things to do in 1001 days – I’m thinking I should be able to do #1, 2, 4, 15, 16, 17, 24, 25, 51, 92, 98, and 99 should be easy ones to tackle
- run in 3 races – OK, so this one isn’t a multiple of 12, but it is a divisor of 12 and I’ve decided that’s good enough because there’s no way in hell that I’m going to be able to run in 12 races! I’m already planning to do the 8km race at the BMO Vancouver International Marathon and the zombie obstacle course race in August, so I really just need to find one other one to do and I’ll be golden on this one
$112,000$100,008 – Sure I’ve put “make $100,000” on my list of goals in both of the past two years and failed miserably *and* I will have zero time to do any extra freelance work, but I figure that I should get to count my scholarships as part of “making” money, so this one isn’t as completely far fetched as it might sound. I’ll have to come up with some creative way to actually reach it, but “aim high” is what I always say, right?
And that, my friends, is six goals and six is a divisor of 12 and that’s just about all the nerdery I can handle in this blog posting. Now here’s hoping that I actually remember these goals at some point before December 28, 2012.