The Reverse Peanut Butter Cake
My dad’s favourite sandwich is one of his own invention: the reverse peanut butter sandwich. A reverse peanut butter sandwich consists of:
- one slice of white bread
- about 1/2 inch of Kraft (i.e., full of salt and sugar and shortening) peanut butter
- about 1/2 inch of Imperial (i.e., hydrogenated!) margarine, on top of the peanut butter
- cardiologist not included
A sandwich to make a daughter with a PhD in nutrition proud.
So when my sister had a birthday party for my dad, she she invented the “reverse peanut butter cake”:
The reverse peanut butter cake, which consists of:
- vanilla cake (to represent the white bread)
- peanut butter frosting
- decorated with buttercream frosting
And apparently it was very delicious!
Note: Several arteries were harmed in the making of this blog posting