There are some things that I’ve learned in hockey (and other sports) that have been emphasized as real truths over these last 9 day, including:
- Playing with players who are better than you makes you a better player.
- Practising makes you better – and I’m certainly putting in the time these days, given that I’ve played 73 hours of hockey in the last 8.5 days!
- Expect the unexpected1.
- Good music makes it easier and more fun.
- So do good teammates!
- The human body can do things that should not be humanly possible for it to do.
- The newest blister always hurts the most.
- There is always a new blister.
- I expected sore feet. I did not expect the excruciating back pain or the skin on my fingers to be splitting open. [↩]